Saturday, May 9, 2015

operation comfort warrior

Getting ready to leave for Oregon

My husband, Jeff, is always training for a bike ride.  This summer he had plans for a cross country ride to support Operation Comfort Warrior.  Yes... had.

Training with the team in Oregon

Some of you know that my husband had a big bike accident.  He is always training for a ride.  And on this day he was doing a 20 mile bike ride. I will spare you the gory pictures, but he needed 53 stitches to his face, and has a fractured nose.





This is himself and his new bike helmet, sent from my sister Judith. His face is healing up nicely (he had a great plastic surgeon do the stitches). But the rest of him is taking its time. Still moving slowly and has some balance problems too.

So, yes... I am feeling very thankful that I am home now to take care of him.  The timing is amazing.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

So happy your husbands accident wasn't more serious and you're available to spend more time with your family. I didn't know you were closing your shop and when I saw the store empty this morning, I felt a real loss. Your sweet, little place was nostalgic and love filled for me...not to mention the personal service and charming fabrics; I already miss shopping there.